Thursday, July 15, 2010

It's Almost Here!!!!!

Just the other day Jason, Julia, and I were out and about.  Julia was playing and Jason and I were talking.  We were discussing the little boy and girl on the playground who kept screaming at the top of their lungs.  It was quiet comical.  Julia wanted to play but hates loud noises.  She has always been one to cover her ears when something is too loud.  So we watch Julia play and then stop to cover her ears....and play some more and have to stop and cover her ears....and play some more only to have to stop once more to cover her ears.  Anyways, this went on for a good 20 minutes.  As Jason and I were sitting there this couple beside us said, "I cannot wait until school starts back again!"  Jason and I looked at each other and suddenly realized it was their kids making the racket on the playgroud.  It seemed to hit me hard.  School is really only a month away!  What happened to my lazy summer??  I have to admit I have had my lazy moments but ,"I WANT MORE!!!"  as Julia would say.  I have so enjoyed being home with Julia and I am not ready to stop waking up with her in the mornings, taking naps with her, playing tea party and pretend puppy 5,000 times a day, meet Jason at the gym in the evenings, swim, eat popsicles on the patio, cook lunch together, drive to meet Jason for lunch, spend time crafting with Julia, and the list goes on and on and on.  I LOVE being a teacher but I also love being a mommy.  I am very lucky to have such a wonderful sitter who loves Julia like she is her own when I am at school.  I vote for the school year to be 2 months long and summer vacation to be 10 months long!!!

No comments: