Treasured Friend
I lost a treasured friend today
The little dog who used to lay
His gentle head upon my knee
And share his silent thoughts with me.
He'll come no longer to my call
Retrieve no more his favorite ball
A voice far greater than my own
Has called him to his golden throne.
Although my eyes are filled with tears
I thank him for the happy years
He let him spend down here with me
And for his love and loyalty.
When it is time for me to go
And join him there, this much I know
I shall not fear the dark
For he will greet me with a bark.
Champ,
You were always there for us. Your gentleness will forever be missed. I will miss your barking at the door, your slober on the floor after our walks, and your big brown eyes looking up at me. You always made me feel safe and secure. Sorry you only made it 2 1/2 years....they were the best 2 1/2 years. You will always be missed and will always be our "Bubba".
1 comment:
Lindsey, Jason and Julie,
I am still so sorry about the loss of Champ. I know how hard it is to lose a furry member of the family. That poem you posted made me cry and remember all the stories Lindsey would tell us about Champ. I know you guys loved him!
Love,
Becky
Post a Comment