Sunday, February 22, 2009

Always expect the unexpected!!

I cannot believe this weekend is already over. We had Maddie this weekend. She decided she didnt want to come to see us in Arlington so we drove to Oklahoma and she stayed the whole weekend with Grandma. It was too cold to do anything Saturday so we stayed inside. The church had a Marty Gras party on Saturday night for the kids in Walters. It was really fun. We only stayed for about an hour. We had a three hour drive ahead of us. Maddie got her hair sprayed hot pink. Grandma said she didnt want to wash it out this morning so she went to church with bright pink hair. Jacob stayed the night at grandmas with her last night. Grandma said she woke up about midnight smothered by two kids. Jacob and Maddie are at the age where they play good with each other. Julia and Jared are so funny when they get together. They are only 8 months apart. They dont talk to each other but its like they know what the other is thinking. They will run and play and laugh for hours. Thanks grandma for keeping the kids!! You are the best!!

This afternoon Jason and I worked in the yard while Julia was taking a nap. The timing was good. When she was waking up we were coming in. Jason and I were sitting in the living room and Julia was playing in her room. Next thing I know she is shutting her door. We let her play for about 5 minutes and then I went in to check on her. This is what I found.....





Yes that would be Julia in a wig, a beautiful bead necklace and a baby carrier! How funny!!!


Then we went to buy groceries at Walmart. Julia wanted some goldfish so we bought her one of those small boxes of fish. We got home and they were all gone. We asked Julia where they were and she said "all gone". This is what I found when I started to cook dinner and needed something out of the pantry....






Yes that would be goldfish in my vaccuum cleaner attachment. Gotta love her!!!



We had hamburgers for dinner. Jason started up the grill. Once the burgers were on the grill Jason noticed that he was out of propane. So he fired up the ole' charcoal grill to finish them off. The burgers were good and so was the company!! Good dinner daddy!!! You're the best!!




So thats another good end to another wonderful weekend!!

No comments: